Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

Soccer is Life

               Throughout my whole life the one thing I can remember doing from when I was a little kid was playing soccer. I’ve been playing soccer almost all my life and it is a true inspiration to me. Soccer inspired me to become who I am because it taught me that there is no quitting in anything you do, no matter how tired or worn out you are, you must keep going further. It showed me that things you want you have to work for. If you want to be the best player on the team, you are going to have to put a lot of time, effort, and practice into it. That is similar to life because no one goes to the top and is successful unless they work hard for it.
                As a little kid I use to be one of the best players on my travel team and I would always push myself to be better than others. My grandfather would always attend my games and my parents would come when they could. It was rare that my father would show up to my games and when he did I felt like I had to do my best to impress him. But as my parents got divorced it was hard on me and my only escape from all of it was playing soccer. On the field all my other problems would just go away and for those ninety minutes of playing time I was in peace and all I could think about was playing the game that I love. Soccer was that true inspiration to me that helped me go through a lot, especially my parents’ divorce; it was as if when I step onto that grass covered field I was in a whole other world. Even till now when I step onto that grass field I remember that playing soccer is what shaped me into who I am today and what got me through everything.

                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment