Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Psychology - Yes or No?

          When choosing a major in college it is important to really enjoy the major you choose because you will most likely be pursuing it for the rest of your life. It is essential that you know that you want to pursue this major for the rest of your life because you wouldn’t want to change your mind or be unsure about it down the road. If you end up changing your mind down the road then you have ultimately wasted your time and money. This is a very tricky subject because at one point you may like one subject but down the road find out that it’s not for you. This is why it is recommended that you take classes in different subject categories because then you have a variety of choices to see if they are the majors you want to pursue. Most college students don’t choose a major until their junior year and even then some are still unsure about it. It is different with every person and it is ultimately up to that person to decide what is best for them.
            The major I have chosen is Psychology. Psychology to me is a very interesting subject and has a broad variety of possibilities for the future. There are different fields of psychology that you can go into, such as: medical, educational, clinical, and etc. It is difficult to decide which the right one for me is but I believe that down the road I will figure it out and end up pursuing it. As of right now I’m still not too sure about my major, even though I have chosen psychology because I haven’t really researched any other possibilities out there, but I still have time for all that. I am currently taking a Intro to Psychology class and I can say that it is very interesting and I am leaning more on pursuing this field of study.

                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment